The goal was to patch the Gator Jam splice from the Anthem CD and try and fix the numerous pitch issues, including varying pitch within songs. In general, Jerry and Bobby were in and out of tune throughout the show.
Cool Edit Pro v2.0 was used for all edits.
All files encoded WAV>FLAC via Flac Frontend v1.7.1 (level 8, align sector boundaries).
All discs retracked with CD Wav v1.93 beta.
Thanks to Seth for the original shn set.
Thanks to SP for pitch help and general instigational services.
Thanks to Joe "Pitch Bitch" Jones.
D.Winters - 12/19/07.
Discs 1 & 2
- all tracks +0.5% pitch increase plus the first 11 seconds of Born Cross-Eyed +3.0% pitch increase.
- Left & right channels were swapped on all tracks to put Jerry on the left. This matches the mix on the Anthem patch.
- The very beginning of Morning Dew, Schoolgirl, and Dark Star are missing.
- Tuning up to the Gator Jam patch an average of +1.5% pitch increase, as pitch varied significantly.
- Gator Jam patched with 100ms crossfade from 5:43 to 6:53.
- Post patch Gator Jam through Feedback +4.0% pitch increase.
- Midnight Hour 0 to 5:32 +3.0% pitch increase.
- Midnight Hour 5:32 to end (FM patch) -1.0% pitch decrease.
February 15, 2013 Subject:
how do you listen to this show?
Okay guys someone has to tell me how you can listen to this show when no url is available. there are a lot of reviews so obviously there has to be a way.
by the way, i was at this show. i remember it. vaguely anyway. i remember staring up at jerry as he played his guitar and thinking wow fucking cool man and he staring down at the crowd with that jerry look he sometimes had almost as if to say where the fuck am i at today anybody know
country joe was cool too back then he was just as popular if not more so than the dead because of grace janis sweet martha feel like i'm fixing to die and more.
hopefully somebody can tell me how to access this show. no rating until then, although if i go by back then it's a high five.
December 31, 2010 Subject:
if this isn't a five star performance, what is?
An absolutely legendary recording.
The first set is excellent.
The second set is one of the greatest of all time, and was used in the recording of Anthem of the Sun.
Alligator is a masterpiece.
Keep a copy of this one stowed away for the Time Capsule. A TOP 10 all-time Grateful Dead performance, if there ever was one...